Production Articles PrevNext

“Let The Right One In” Sneak-Peek

posted on October 17th, 2017

The Skidmore Theater Newsletter was lucky enough to receive, from an anonymous source, this diary entry, along with some photos, of Hakan Kolmstun, notorious mass murderer in Let The Right One In, our fall Black Box production: 

A Day in the Life of a Murderer

by Hakan Kolmstun

Dear Diary,

I had an okay day today. After I woke up I got changed and brushed my teeth. I’ve been out of toothpaste for a couple weeks so I’m just using the brush and some hot water. I think it’s been working fine.

Hakan Kolmstun brushes his teeth with just water. Photo: Ziggy Schulting ’18

I had a lot on my plate for tonight so I had a quick breakfast and headed out for my daily walk. I started walking down the mainstreet but everyone couldn’t stop looking at me so I went to the pond to feed some ducks. The ducks eventually ran away from me.

Hakan Kolmstun and ducks, Congress Park. Photo: Ziggy Schulting ’18

I was feeling very lonely so I went to get ice cream. After I got ice cream I realized that getting ice cream alone made me feel even more lonely.

Hakan as Jerry gassing an empty Ben cutout. Photo: Ziggy Schulting ’18

I ended up walking by a bar that caught my attention. I hear it’s a cool hangout spot these days, they recommended that “together is a beautiful place to be,” but there was no one there.

Hakan outside the closed Sinclair. Photo: Ziggy Schulting ’18

I then went to get coffee because I was getting tired and I needed a lot of energy for the night ahead. The people in the coffee shop treated me very well.  They even gave me a free coffee. I don’t know what they thought I was doing in there since they kept offering me their money out of the register.

Hakan gets a free coffee. Good for you, Hakan! Photo: Ziggy Schulting ’18

After I drank my coffee I went back home and took a nap. I hoped it would be the nighttime when I woke up but I only ended up falling asleep for twenty minutes. I didn’t really know what to do with myself then so I went into the woods and walked around. It was good for me to get a layout of where I’d be going later, as I knew it was going to be difficult. I went back home and made myself some dinner. As I finished eating it was getting dark, so she’d be waking up soon. I got my things in order and headed out. I hoped she would be happy to see that I was trying.

PHOTOS

***

Let the Right One In opens this Thursday, October 19th and runs through next Wednesday, October 25th. All shows start at 8PM, except for the Sunday matinee at 2PM. Get your tickets here.

***

Living Newsletter writer, Max LoSardo ’20, is an English major and plays Hakan Kolmstun in this fall’s blackbox production, Let The Right One In.  

share on